Monday, March 30, 2009

Bread, jerky, & blessings







These last 2 weeks have been busy and full of blessings. With Kyle being laid off money has been a little tighter. Everytime it seemed that money was going to come up short, an opportunity presented itself. I got a call on a Thursday and was asked to take in a handicapped man for a week. Kyle and I have done this many times before, but I didn't realize we were on a sub list! Everything went smoothly while we had him. He was a very nice man with an interesting life. I've also had many opportunities to do extra babysitting. It's things like these that remind us of how much our Heavenly Father cares for us. I learned how to bake bread last week (no machine, by hand from scratch). There's been some trial and error, but I have made cinnamon swirl, white (plain & tye-dye), and white/wheat marbled. I'm also learning how to make jerky from a friend. I've got 4 1/2 lbs of jerky curing in my fridge right now. On Saturday my parents watched JD so we could go on a date. We went to the Titanic exhibit at the museum and to Hot Diggity Dog. It looks live a dive, but they have the best food! Hand-dipped corn dogs, fresh-cut curly fries, and Kyle had a chili dog wrap (hot dog, chili, cheese wrapped in a tortilla and fried - YUM). After that we went to a few second-hand stores downtown to look. In the furniture consignment store I found a beautiful china hutch for $100! The rest like it were going for $800-1000, but this person needed theirs sold. Kyle and I talked and we decided that if I could sell a few things on Craigslist to make room and get some extra money that I could get it. I posted the things and an hour later I had $100! JD has been growing like a weed and getting all over the place. He can get up the stairs in a matter of minutes now (still hasn't fallen down them... yet). He is cruising all over the furniture and pulling himself up to everything. Church has become an adventure since he is all over the place and it's during his nap time, but we still make it happen.









No comments:

Post a Comment